Thursday, December 27, 2012

Cranking through a light novel series at 1-2 chapters a week

Looks like I'm good for a quarterly update at best.

I'm lurching into volume two of my light novel series. I've gotten enough good feedback about volume one that I'm going to reformat it, fix a bunch of squirrel bits, and digitally publish it. Talking to a couple of artists about having them do some original illustrations to slip into the text. I like writing the story. I do wonder if this is a one-shot wonder or if I can write other stories. I just really like *these* characters though and I'd like to give them a world and a life to be in.

I'm currently not playing any MMOs. Secret World was a lot of fun but the company just appears to have dropped the ball ... or there's just not a lot of interest from the vast horde of gamers in quest lines that actually require one to think. Whichever, the world is very truncated. Tera just got boring. It was severely broken in the roleplay tools (when even an ancient game like EQ2 runs circles around it - not a good sign) and the grindfest that infects most Korean MMOs was only thinly veiled. Might give the lates final fantasy a twirl but otherwise I'm still playing Skyrim. With all the PC mods available, it can still be a 'new game' every time I roll a new character.

Currently, the holidays have permitted both my sons to be home so between them and she-who-is-cute-and-must-be-obeyed have been getting a lot of tabletop gaming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment